Get to know Scientists4Future NL, a self-organised, self-initiated alliance of scientists from Dutch universities and research institutes. We’re having a Meet & Greet at 16:00, October 10th, where we will explain who we are, what we do, and how you can get involved. To inspire you further, we are also hosting a TEDx Countdown viewing, where we will show and discuss a curated selection of TED-like talks by scientists, activists, entrepreneurs, artists and others.
You can join the event on Microsoft Teams through this link: bit.do/s4fmeetandgreet (if you don’t have Teams installed, join through the Firefox or Chrome browsers).
A preliminary list of selected TED-speakers:
- The state of the climate crisis – 7.5 min – Johan Rockstrom
- Becoming an activist – 6.5 min – several people
- Stubborn optimist – 8 min – Christiana Figueres
- Climate Action Tracker – is an animation, might also be nice for in our presentation
- How to think long-term – 7 min – Roman Krznaric
- Three decades of activism – 7 min – Severn Cullis-Suzuki
- Inclusive, resilient communities and economies – 4 min – Zelalem Adefris & Rahwa Ghirmatzion
- Future proofing for the next generation – 5.5 min – Sophie Howe
Spread the word!